Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Duece's Homecoming!

On January 3rd, I got to bring my baby home! I hardly slept the night before waiting to get my sweet baby boy. I had waited 4 weeks for him & it felt like forever. It's a good thing I didn't have to wait 9 months! I know he is a puppy but he has become my baby! We ALL love him & are excited he has joined our family.

Here are all my kids! The kids love Deuce and hopefully he loves have 4 siblings since he left 6 siblings behind. His poor mom had 7 puppies to take care of at one time. I think the kids were as excited as I was to pick him up.
Brayden loves Deuce & was excited to show him his new home & new yard! Oh, notice the new hair cut his brother gave him.
Taking a rest! I think the 4 kids wore him out. He would play hard w/ the kids for about an hour & then sleep for a few hours. (Just like a little baby). But he is like a 2 year old in that I am having to potty train him (definately NOT fun). But you definately have to take the bad with the good, and the good is alot better than the bad.


Yes, it is winter here, so I bought him a sweater to wear on cold days. Doesn't he look cute. I need a black & gold sweater, but we are in TX so no such luck. So, if anyone in LA can hook me up with a Saints dog sweater that would be awesome. We bought him a saints collar & leash.


The day after we got him we had an ICE storm! Good ole Texas winter! It was so cold & icy so he had on his sweater & a jacket. Can you tell he isn't that impressed with the Jacket. Poor baby! I thought it was pretty funny!

We are doing great having alot of fun with our new baby. He gets LOTS of hugs & kisses from the kids. Bryce loves to play tug a war with him. The girls LOVE to hold him (which I am sure he probably gets tired of), and Brayden wishes he was ONLY his dog. Me, I just thought I had graduated from potty training & getting up in the middle of the night. But what can I say, he is such a cutie & a love him to death. SO, he is worth it!

3 comments:

Momma_S said...

Deuce is cute in pictures but even cuter in person!! Logan loves his name by the way.I've totally decided dogs live up to their names just like people. I NEVER should have named my dog after a dumb cajun. At least you'll get a cool speedy football player out of deuce.

Liz said...

He is such a cute puppy! How big will he get? Enjoy him while he's tiny!

Kerrie said...

My mom's new cat has the same name. But I'm sure yours is from the Saints. My mom already had a cat named Uno (due to his one eye), so they decided to name him Deuce.

He sure is a cute puppy. Kaelyn just asked for a dog today. I'm not getting one until I know for sure that I'm done with kids and they are a little bit older. I don't need another "stress" in my life.