Thursday, February 3, 2011

Texas Black Ice!

(Brayden's baptism!)

This week the kids went to school on Monday and then during the night the Famous Texas Black Ice hit.  What was different about this winter storm is that it hasn't gotten above 19 in 3 days, with a windchill that has stayed about 0 or -4.  With it that cold and all the ice schools and business' have shut down.  So, we have hunkered down and spent the week inside.  Normally we would all be going crazy by now, but amazingly enough we have had a really good time.  We have played games, made crafts, played WII, watched some movies and made Valentines.  I made sure that we did activities together and we have had alot of fun together. 
Bryan and I have been going through this amazing program called Landmark.  It has changed my life!  Seriously!  It helps you let go of things that cause you stress and hold you back in life.  Ever since we took the seminar in Houston 6 weeks ago I have been a new person.  I can't believe how different I feel (so calm and free).  The kids don't drive me crazy, like they usually do, and I just don't get stressed out about everything anymore.  On a week like this I would usually be going nuts, which would make them all crazy too.  Even my mom and Bryan have noticed a difference in me.  It has been transforming! 
Thank you Landmark!  I am so thankful for being about to participate in this seminar which in turns helps me to be a happier and calmer mommy and wife.  This week was definately a good test after taking Landmark.

No comments: