Friday, August 26, 2011

Back to school!

It is that time again!  The kids started back to school on Monday.  1/2 were excited and 1/2 were not.  Since we moved the kids had to start a new school.  I can't imagine, since I went to the same school with the same kids my whole life, so needless to say they were quite nervous. 

Bryce is in 4th grade this year and 1 of his teachers is Mrs. Bond.  In 4th grade they do part of the day with 1 teacher and part with another teacher.  He has Mrs. Bond for homeroom, math and science.  He has Mrs. Grimmes for Language Arts and Social Studies.  He is growing up so fast, I can't believe he will be 11 soon.  Where does time fly?  He is really nervous about 4th grade and about making new friends.  I hope this year turns out to be a great year for him!

Brayden started 3rd grade this year.  He was disappointed at first that his teacher is not a cute, young, blonde but after the first day really loves his teacher Mrs. Beasley.  She is super sweet and has been teaching for 30 years.  I think he will have a great year with her.  He can just learn from her instead of worrying about being cute for a cute teacher!

Savanah girl is in 2nd grade and loving it!  I was worried when we found out she has a guy teacher, but she loves Mr. Rhynes.  He is super fun like her dad so it makes a great fit for her. 

My girl Sierra is in 1st grade this year.  I can't believe it!  She just turned 6 and is getting so big, although she still loves being mommies baby girl!  Her teacher this year, Mrs. Ellis, is super sweet and very soft spoken which will be awesome for my sensitive child.  And the fact that last year, in Kindergarden, she had 4 teachers by the time the year was over.  Not a great experience for a kindergardener. 

I love you guys and hope you have a GREAT year at school!

3 comments:

Rebel said...

Holy crow Bryce is almost 11! I'm thinking, "Man, I TEACH the 12-13 year olds at church! How crazy! He is getting so old!" And I REMEMBER being in the 4th grade! He will have so much fun! Now I feel old :)

Christy said...

That's so cute that you got pictures of all the kids withbtheir teachers. Inhope it's a great year too.

April Hardy said...

Very fun! It sounds like the kids were all placed with the right teachers! Can't wait to hear more about their experiences as the school year goes on.